Updated: Jul 14
By Nicholas' mom, Brook
Nicholas Wade Branham
My son, Nicholas Wade Branham passed away from a heroin overdose on July 15, 2016. He was 30 years old.
Nicholas was born on December 30, 1985. He struggled with addiction for several years, along with his girlfriend, who preceded him in death on January 16, 2011. It was her passing that helped him to get his life together and to get clean. Nicholas had been sober for almost five years; therefore, his passing was a complete shock to me and utterly devastating. He was my son. He was my best friend. He was my everything.
Nicholas had a passion for tattoos and cooking. He was very sarcastic and funny; he always made me laugh. I miss his laughter so much. Nicholas had such a kind heart. I love to hear his friends tell stories of how Nicholas would prank them, but more importantly of how he would rescue them in a time of need or just be there for them if they needed someone to talk to.
I really just don't understand any of this. I hate that this is my son's legacy because he was so much more than that. Nicholas was a good person, son, grandson, nephew, cousin, and friend. He is so sorely missed.
Rest in peace, my dear sweet boy.